DREW’S BAYSHORE BISTRO is the only restaurant in Keyport participating in this year’s Jersey Shore Restaurant Week.
Admittedly, there are other Bayshore restaurants participating as well. Park Tap & Grill, formerly Park East, which is just over the line in Hazlet is participating this year. There’s a few more down the way off Route 36. (But do you really want to drive?)
What’s this all about?
Since 2009, Jersey Shore restaurants have been adding a three-course prix fixe menu for one week in November. This is what founder Jim Flynn has to say about why he started restaurant week:
“The goal for diners is to experience restaurants they may not have heard about or been to yet and to be able to do that at a great price. For restaurateurs, it is an opportunity to boost their business at traditionally slow times of the year and to ‘show off’ their talents to people who haven’t enjoyed their restaurant yet.”
So, for $30.15 (plus tax and tip) this is what you get:
Appetizer (choice of 1)
- Soup of the Day: It may be a soup, bisque, gumbo or chowder. You need to go to find out.
- Gumbo of the Day: This is a dark roux gumbo.
- Bistro House Salad made with field greens, garden vegetables, goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette
- Southwestern Caesar Salad made with grilled heart of romaine, tomato salsa, barbecue croutons, queso blanco, red chile Caesar dressing
- Bistro Empanada, which is like the soup of the day: the fillings and sauce change daily.
- Voodoo Shrimp served with spicy Worcestershire cream and jalapeno corn bread. That’ll cost an extra $4.
Entree (choice of 1)
- Gluten free Shrimp & Grits made with Benton’s bacon, mushrooms, tomato, scallions, and cheese grits.
- French Quarter Chicken Cordon Blue: made with a panko breaded breast, andouille sausage, swiss and mozzarella cheese and served with smashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and whole grain mustard sauce.
- New Orleans Crawfish Cakes, served with smashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, chipotle tartar sauce.
- Gluten free City Jambalaya made with chicken, andouille, tasso ham, trinity vegetables, creole sauce. If you’re looking for something hot.
- For $7 extra, the Pork Du Jour. This is what Drew’s has to say about it: “WE LOVE PORK! It’s so versatile, we change it nightly.”
Dessert (choice of 1)
- Brownie Sundae served with vanilla gelato, whipped cream, chocolate & caramel sauce.
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding served with vanilla gelato, whipped cream, caramel sauce.
- Housemade Gelato or Sorbet.
Drew’s was picked by the critics of New Jersey Monthly as one of the best restaurants in the Garden State, and Thrillist just echoed those sentiments. The restaurant is in a new location, and a brand new facade was put on the building.
Jersey Shore Restaurant Week runs from Nov. 6 (today!) to Nov. 15.