In case you haven’t heard, it’s going to snow this weekend.
The Keyport area is expected to get 10-20 inches of snow over the weekend, according to a detailed interactive map by NJ.com.
Monmouth County, is under a blizzard warning, which means that there will likely be sustained winds of 35 miles per hour for three or more hours.
More troubling is that the wind will be coming out of the Northeast, which will pack on about 2 to 5 feet of of storm surge on top of full moon tide, so flooding is likely in low lying areas.
Here’s some Keyport-area specific details:
- Keyport recently banned the parking of cars on front lawns. The exception is during a snow storm.
- Parking on some streets in Keyport is prohibited during a snow storm. Borough officials have not provided a list of which streets these are. Chief George Casaletto said these streets are marked with signs. He said to park on side streets if parking is prohibited on a certain road.
- In Hazlet, parking is prohibited on all township streets during a snowstorm. All vehicles need to be removed from the roadways by 9 p.m. Friday.
- In Union Beach, the Bradlees parking lot off Poole Avenue is available for off street parking and to protect the cars from potential flooding.
- All towns want residents to move their portable basketball hoops out of the street.
- Keyport requires snow and ice to be removed within 24 hours of the end of a storm.
- Aberdeen requires residential lots to be cleared within 24 hours and 12 hours for non-residential lots.