Happy Labor Day!
The Keyport Public Library will be closed starting tomorrow for renovations in the children’s library.
So what’s happening?
- The old ratty carpet is being pulled up.
- An asbestos remediation crew will remove the old tile floor that’s rotting underneath the current carpet.
- Volunteers will be painting the walls. (If you want to help out with that, email me at KeyportAnchor@gmail.com. I’ll put you in touch with the people you need to know.)
- A book themed carpet will be laid down.
- Shorter, kid-sized stacks will replace the five-foot tall shelves. This will make it easier for the librarians to keep an eye on the room. But more importantly, the shorter shelves will let kids get their own books.
The library is set to reopen on Sept. 21.
The Keyport Borough Council has invited the owner of Keyport Yellow Taxi to meet them in open session to discuss their complaints (READ ALL ABOUT IT) with the way he operates his business. The council meets Tuesday at 7 p.m.
Matawan-Aberdeen schools, including grades Kindergarten through 3rd at Cliffwood Elementary School, start Tuesday.