KEYPORT — The borough’s Garden Club will decorate the governor’s study at Drumthwacket for the holidays.
Mary Pat Christie, the state’s first lady, announced the selection today.
The Holidays at Drumthwacket decorations will feature organic arrangements to accent the rooms on the first floor .
From the press release:
- Governor’s Study (Decorated by the Keyport Garden Club): Keyport Garden Club, which is situated on the Raritan Bay, has cut and dried hydrangeas and luminaria from our members’ gardens, which club designers artfully turned into elegant holiday pieces. Preserved cream colored roses and orchids are interspersed throughout our arrangements to add elegance and brightness to the Governor’s Study. Dogwood red twigs, also from a Keyport Garden Club member, creates a gentle flow to the arrangements. Also, the white vestibule is decorated by the club to entice visitors into the Governor’s Study.
The public can tour the mansion for free, but reservations need to be made here: http://www.drumthwacket.org/visit/reservation-form.
Here’s the schedule:
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 6, 2015 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 a.m.
Editor’s note: Check back here for a complete story on what the garden club is doing at Drumthwacket.